At America’s Best Attorneys Top Attorney we recognize Attorneys and Firms that excel in their area of practice. Few Attorneys and Firms can display our Top Attorney badge on their website or display the plaque in their office.
Membership is an exclusive honor and extended to less than 1% of all attorneys. When vetting an Attorney or Firm for list inclusion, we look at many aspects of the Attorney or Firm that sets them apart from their peers. Aspects considered are:
- A nomination for consideration by our research and/or a fellow Attorney or Firm;
- Attorney and Firm ratings from the major internet review venues;
- Specializations and area of law specific certifications;
- Absence of any Attorney Grievance Committee discipline;
- Good Standing in their respective State Bar;
- Possession of Advanced Degrees;
- Awards received;
- Professional Associations and their activity in such Associations;
- Publications in their field; and
- Speaking engagements, seminars, or authoritative papers in their field/area of expertise.
STEP 1: The Attorney or Firm nomination for consideration by our research and/or a fellow Attorney or Firm;
STEP 2: We research the Attorney or Firm using the above criteria narrowing the nominations down to ensure that all the above criteria is met or exceeded.
STEP 3: The yearly list of the Top Attorney and Firm nominations goes to the final selection process where the top 1% are selected.
STEP 4: Membership invitations are sent out for acceptance.